We’re Seeking Exceptional People to Join Our Team
Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) is committed to providing outstanding care to every person, every day.
As one of 14 CCACs across Ontario, our staff help clients plan and make informed choices about their health care options. To do this, they work in partnership with clients, families, care providers, hospitals, long-term care homes and others. At the heart of our work is quality community care that focuses on meeting each client’s best interests. Whether a job involves direct client contact or supports those who interact with clients daily, we empower every employee to focus on our clients and their families. As demand for Mississauga Halton CCAC services continues to rise, we have a strategic plan that positions us to successfully meet this challenge. Integral to this plan is having exceptional people in place.
We are currently seeking aCare Coordinator
Competition # FY1314-163
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Manager, Client Services - Operations
Job Rate: CUPE Salary Band 5: $36.26 to $42.19 per hour
Category: Temporary Part Time (.4FTE) until November 30, 2014
Team: Contact Centre
Current primary assigned location: 2655 North Sheridan Way, Mississauga,
Responsible for assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and reviewing clients’ needs and services provided by the CCAC following Ministry of Health legislation and CCAC policies and procedures. Responsible for providing information to clients and referring them to alternate community resources.
- A registered health or social work professional including: registered nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech language pathologist, or social worker.
- A member in good standing with their applicable regulatory body below:
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
- A University degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two years recent experience in community health or a related field. If social worker, medical social work experience required.
- Knowledge of community resource
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable motor vehicle
- Insurance that includes driving for business purposes and minimum liability of $1,000,000.
- Ability to communicate in French or other languages an asset.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exceptional team at Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre (MH CCAC).
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing Competition #FY1314-163 via the following link: https://qhrnet.ccac-ont.ca/06-mh
Please note, for all non-union vacancies, internal and external applicants will be considered concurrently. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on MH CCAC please visit our website at http://www.mh.ccac-ont.ca